Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tools that change the way we think

 How does extensive Internet/media/technology use change the way you think? Focus on your memory, your ability to concentrate, your sense of time and priorities, and the subjects/topics that interest you most. If you find "thinking about your thinking" difficult to assess, try the following strategies: compare yourself with older people who did most of their formal learning before smart phones and 2.0 existed; compare yourself with contemporaries who don't use those tools much today; read up on what education leaders and thinkers have to say about generational differences in thinking (and remember to cite your sources).

I agree with my classmates that technology, media, and the internet has changed the way I think. I'm pretty lazy now. But to be honest, I've always been lazy. I'm not saying I've taken another individual's work, because I always give credit and kudos to them. However, I feel that I rely too much on the internet. Today, for example, I had a question and my immediate reaction was to go on google and search it up. Of course I got a various of answers. I was quite confused.. This is a perfect example how the internet is not always accurate. Especially when you are asking a question that has a various of answers. And I've tried to search educational leaders opinions on generational differences of thinking.. Of course I got no information. Anyways, technology changes every individual way of thinking. Good or bad.. That's your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment