Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflection on Week 1

1.Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? (Access to a computer, cell phone, transportation? Family that can help or hassle? Friends that can help or hassle? Scheduling factors that can help or hassle?)
 
I am currently computerless and smart phoneless, therefore, I have to work twice as hard as gaining access. On the other hand, I do not believe this will affect my participation or experience in this class in a negative way. In fact, I believe it will help me. For example, since I only have access to my mother's work computer, I must get my work done, and I must take notes, in order to, be prepared for the next day. I must admit, it's a hassle to always come to my mother's work, but it also has a positive effect. I always do my schoolwork right after school, and I have a peaceful atmosphere.

2. Think of an awesome (or the best ever) learning experience (or an experience where you changed) What was it you learned? [call it X] Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or ?) How did you know what was happening? 

An experience where I have changed is when I was a member of Key Club, my sophmore year. We volunteered for a homeless shelter at Good Samartian. I learned that good things happen to good people. I also learned, that the innocent are punished for no reason we understand. I remember the kids coming up to table for a glass of milk. They were not rude or mean, but polite and courteous. It taught me we take so much for granted, and I don't want to end up not going to college and furthering my education. I know I must push myself, in order to get what I want in life. I can't take the easy way out.

3.What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

I am most excited about this class, is to learn more about my peers way of thinking. Mostly everybody has their own points of views, and thinks differently from others. I find it very interesting that I have an opportunity to learn about my classmates in an academic way. I am most concered about this class, is the expectations to be met. I understand being a senior, means I have higher expectations than others, but everyone has doubts. However, I feel with the help of my classmates, and the perseverance. I am looking forward to learning about a new way of thinking, and it will create a practical difference in my life by giving me the opportunity to have a flexible mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment